Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving week!

This last week was a particularly busy and exciting week for our fam!! My Nana flew in last Sunday night, and Grandpa Lew flew all the way from Detroit Michigan on Monday. every day leading up to Thankgsgiving, we did a fun event for the day, so the week raced by so quickly since we were having so much fun! Monday, after Gramp Lew got in, we went to Johnny Carinos and ate dinner all together. Derek had to be on a business trip Monday and Tuesday to Phoenix, so I brought Hudson by my self but there were lots of people that wanted to hold him anyway, especially his Great Nana! ... On Tuesday evening, we all went downtown Boise to the BSU sub and went bowling there! Grampa Lew is a professional bowler, so we had an awesome time watching him and he totally gave me some great tips on how to throw the ball, haha, guess I was throwing it a little too hard!! On Wednesday, Derek got home from his Phoenix trip, so he was able to watch Hudson for me that day while we all went to Greenhurst Nursery, which is an awesome little Christmas nursery/ boutique in Nampa. It totally gets you in the Christmas spirit, and gives amazing theme ideas and just general Christmas decorating ideas!! A little too spendy to actually buy there, but its fun to look and "mock" the ideas from a bit more of an affordable store. I had actually already put my tree up a few days before, so I just got a few awesome ornaments to add to my blingy tree, as well as a "baby's first Christmas" ornament. A baby snowman with a baby-blue sparkly scarf. Precious.... Any way the days flew by, and the next thing we know its Thanksgiving day! I made a Razzleberry pie, and brought some orderves which were Hickory Farms summer sausage, and some yummy cheeses, dips, and crackers! YUM. Nana made her infamous stuffing, which is delicous, Mom made the DELICIOUS turkey,mashed potatoes and gravy and the green been casserole, and Aunt Kala brought some tasty sweet potatoes and a delicious brie, honey, and walnut orderve! Very gormet. Im sure Im missing something from our large Thanksgiving feast menu, but overall, it was all amazing, and all the pies were delish too. Hudson even ate some sweet potatoes, and mashed up green beans with us! He loves Thanksgiving :-). Later on in the evening we all played games, and then played the piano and sang Christmas hymns. Perfect day. I have lots of pics from the week, but haven't found the camera cord to connect it to the computer yet. So ill upload asap!
It was bittersweet saying bye to Grandpa and Nana, because they probably won't see Hudsy again til March, and he just grows too fast! They left Friday afternoon after a Birthday lunch for Grandpa Lew at Applebees, so atleast we got to hang out one more day after Thanksgiving. Im glad Hudson has such caring and sweet Grandparents, and will always have so much family to love and care for him! I know he feels loved, and I couldn't ask for a more precious baby. I'm so grateful for so much this past Thanksgiving week. My heart is overflowing with love and gratitude for the great example my family is to me. For an amazing sweet Husband, and for my Heavenly Father especially for the many blessings he has poured upon my little family this past year! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment