Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Texas

Wow,

Ive been busy, planning Hudson's first birthday, college, my sister Natalie moving in with us, my sister Emily is getting married, and now, my Husband is in Tyler Texas. Which leaves me alone to plan the rest of Hudsie's party as well as take care of everything else around here. The honest truth is that I HATE being home alone. I miss Derek too much and Im too social to spend the evenings by myself. I have to say though that having my sis here has been really nice, she helps out with cooking and taking care of Hudson. We have been bonding a lot which is so great since we have never been that close before. It's a lot of fun having her here!

So, Hudson's birthday party is "under the sea" themed. He has always been mesmerized by fish tanks, and his Baby Einstein videos that have sea life in them. So I have decided to do the Octopus cake, I went to Zurkers and got two baseball cake pans which put together make the Octopus head. I then add twinkies for the tentacles which is what the "head" will rest on. To decorate I use the icing decorating tips with the star tip. Making lots of little "stars" all over the whole cake. It is time consuming, but worth it! I practiced once already and it turned out pretty cute. :)
Zurkers also had everything and more I could have wanted for party decor, prizes, and party favors. I can't wait for his Birthday! It's going to be the 16th and I sent out all my invitations already. I would have done it on his actual Birthday, the 21st, but Em and Mom will be in New York.... or at least they are suppost to be. Now that Em suddenly got engaged yesterday, I'm not sure if she will want to leave her Fiance' for New York any more??.. but that is another story.

Anyway, Derek will be home the 15th so he won't miss his son's first Bday party, and the rest of the summer will be a juggling act because so many events are coming up. What I mean is that I will either be flying to Texas and back a lot to see Derek, or he will be flying here to see us in between everything going on. We'll see. I'm really excited to go visit him there for a while though. I'm all about the adventor of moving to a new city and exploring. This time will be easier too because I won't have to move ANY furniture or decorations, just some clothes for us. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment