Wednesday, January 19, 2011

ARIZONA

Warm, sunny, beautiful, nice, and very DIFFERENT, are some of the things I would say describe Mesa, Arizona. Our new "temporary" home. We have been here a little over a week now. We left on the 7th of January, and arrived on the Monday following. Our "little" 3-day road trip went suprisingly smoothly, especially for sweet Hudsie. I'de say out of the whole 17 hour drive Hudson cried maybe a total of 25 minutes. I was so proud of him, and to make our trip better, we were able to meet up with my parents in Las Vegas along the way. My Dad just so happened to be doing a convention for his job that weekend, and my Mom went with him. Perfect timing! We stayed a night at the Treasure Island Hotel, and had an awesome time hanging out with them there! We were also able to stop in St. George and stay a night with my Nana, which was such a treat to be able to spend some time with her as we rarely see her.
When we arrived late Monday nightin Mesa , Derek's cousins were at our Appartment complex waiting to help us unload our U-haul. It was a big sigh of relief for me just knowing that we had people here who love and care about us. Govi, Danielle's wife and I have become quite close in the small amount of time that we have spent with them so far, and I'm sure we have lots of fun times ahead in the next four months!
I have a bazillion pictures of Hudson in the pool, and of lots of our other adventures along the way so far, but its too late to post them all right now, I'll have to do that tomorrow~ But all in all everything is going great, miss my family of course, but this is good. night :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hey beautiful girl! I love your family Fall photos! They are awesome! Hudson is so handsome! You look like you have been up to some fun and exciting things! That's cool you are in AZ.. I really like AZ if I had to live there I would so be Okay with it..u will miss your family for the time being buy you will just start to love it and and be used to it if you leave in 4 to 5 months. It took me a good 5 months to get used to Hawaii. I hope you guys have a great adventure there! Good luck to Derek organizing the office! Lovs ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lieren! Yes Arizona a fun place to be! Sunny and warm during the winter, I'll take it any day :).. So how much longer are u in Hawaii for? Your pics look beautiful as always. Miss and love ya!

    ReplyDelete