Sunday, September 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Derek!



This Saturday my love turned 29! It was such a fun weekend! First, on Friday night I had a whole hotel room planned for him which was a surprise. I had been working on it for about 3 weeks, and he never knew until the moment we got up to the room at the Hilton Garden Inn. I must say that it was quite an ordeal keeping it a secret from him all that time, especially after my mom accidentally slipped the info about how excited she was to have a "slumber party" with Hudson on Friday night... since she was going to watch him while we were away for the night. I just told Derek that I was planning for my parents to take him for the night so we could have some quality alone time to relax together at the house... after that was over, he almost caught me several other times on Friday during the day, when he noticed our toothbrushes were both missing from the bathroom droor, (I had packed them up for the night at the room). He also came home from work WAY earlier than expected that day, and I barely got the suitcases out to the car before he pulled up, then I had to make up the story that my Mom and I were going to lunch, and insisted on taking the Mustang instead of the Hummer, because all of the luggage was already in there... of course he didn't understand why I would rather take the Mustang instead of my car, but I told him it was because I was going to wash and vacuum it while out and about! haha... it was soooo hard keeping a straight face and telling him all of my lame excuses for the strange things I was doing. Once I left to bring all our stuff to the hotel, I stopped by Albertsons to pick up some roses to decorate the room with, and my picked up my mom so she could come help me! We made it sooo cute. I put sparkling cider and champagne glasses on a little silver trey sitting on the bed, along with rose petals everywhere, vanilla candles everywhere, and chocolates and other fun treats for the night.
So FINALLY later on that night my parents came over to watch Hudson for our "date night" and we got out the door and made out way to Bardenays for dinner. When we got there, of course it had to be a crowded night, and Derek didn't understand why I kept insisting to stay and wait for a parking spot... the reason I wanted to eat there is because its right next to the Hilton, and I was planning on just walking up to the room right after we ate so Derek would have no suspicions. Also while we were eating dinner, I made up the excuse that I had diareah so I could run up to the room and light all the candles right before we went up.hahaaha.. It took about 8 minutes to run there and get back to the table... at this point my stress level was much lower knowing that the surprise couldn't get ruined at all any more. We walked over to the Hilton after our delicious dinner, and I whipped out the room key and was like "SUPRISE!" ... He was sooo suprised, it was a very nice night :-)












My handsome Hubby at Bardenays


So we had lots of fun on Saturday also. Tucanos for lunch with the fam. Then we all went to Derek's parents house and watched the BSU game and the UFC fights. There were lots of friends and family there to celebrate with us and it was such a fun night. I hope you had a wonderful weekend too baby and Hudson and I are so grateful for you everyday! Love you so much and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

3 comments:

  1. Amanda that was so sweet! I laughed at everything you had to go through to keep up the secret! I'm glad iin the end he was suprised! It sounds like a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE! I love surprises! What a fun date night! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're SOO TRICKY!! I don't know if I could have kept the secret. I'm a terrible liar. Glad you guys had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete