Sunday, October 16, 2011

Proud mommy

Today was our boy's first day going to nursery at church. Since he really does not enjoy going to the daycare at our gym, I figured it would be the same in the church nursery. Nope! Derek and I stayed in with him for maybe the first ten minutes, they were making fruit loop necklaces, and Hudson sat in his little seat and ate his little fruitloops, and instead of being nervous around new kids, he was smiling at them and having fun. The Nursery leaders told us that we could leave him there and see how he did for his first time. They assured us that if he cried at all, they would come get us. So, we snuck out the door when he was distracted with a book..... I kept waiting and waiting through Gospel Doctrine and Relief society for them to come get me with a crying Hudson, but he made it the whole time, SO happy! Sister Gooch came up to me after church just to tell me how good he was, and what a delight he was during the whole nursery time. I was so proud and happy that my baby boy was so great and brave. It was also so nice to be able to listen to a lesson for the first time in 18 months. haha... So he actually will be 18 months this Friday. Crazy how fast a year and a half has flown by. We could not be more proud to be his parents, and can't wait to continue watching him grow up to be such a good sweet boy. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment