Sunday, August 22, 2010

First time trying rice cereal!

Can't believe it, my baby turned 4 months old yesterday, August 21st. So we decided it was time to let him try his first bowl of rice cereal. Since he also has been acting extra hungry lately, we wanted to see if feeding him cereal at night would help stuff him and keep him sleeping longer at night... since he stopped sleeping all night long about 2 weeks ago!:-( Derek and I are guessing that the reason he hasn't been consistently sleeping lately is because he is going through a growth spurt and is simply waking up due to hunger. For about a month and a half he slept very consistently, but 7 hours a night, from around midnight to 7 or 7:30 am.. but it hasn't been so great the past 2 weeks as I already said. Any way, we fed him the rice cereal, which was ADORABLE! He seemed to actually quite enjoy it rather than hate it like I had anticipated he would. We were at my parents house, and of course we recorded it... and to Derek and I's wonderful surprise he slept much better last night!.. still not quite as long as he used to, but atleast he is PROgressing, instead of REgressing now!... here is the video :)So we'll see how he does tonight again, and tomorrow is another story because he has his 4 month shots. Poor bebe boy!... wish me luck, it always breaks my heart watching him cry like that! Hopefully, since im giving him tylenol this time it won't be quite so traumatizing for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment