Monday, February 1, 2010

Baby News...


So, we decided that we wanted to start trying to get pregnant around June 2009. Its funny because when Derek and I first married, I told him that we were going to wait atleast 2 to 3 years before we started trying... but obviously I was ready about 6 months later! haha. So June and July past, and nothing happens yet... The 3rd of April, we then went to Idaho for Derek's families annual ski trip and camp out. It was funny because I noticed that I was exceptionally tired and lethargic, and my boobs were SORE!ha. Any way, we ended up getting rained out after the first day of being up at the Lake, and went home then next day after a long, rain-filled first night in the tent. . Since I wasn't feeling myself anyway, I was happy to get back to a nice warm bed and civilization. So as the rest of the week past Derek and I kept noticing little signs and symptoms of early pregnancy, but didn't want to get our hopes up too much because we had been psyching ourselves out enough the past two months!
To make a long and painful story short.. we ended up getting "evicted" from our place in Pittsburgh, making a quick decision to quit Pinnacle Security, and making the 3 day drive back to Boise...home :-) It was about a week later when Derek and I decided that it had been too long for me to be feeling this way, (fatigue and achy breasts), and not taking a pregnancy test. We went and picked a test up at our local Fred Meyers, and anxiously rushed back to my parents house so we could see the result!!.. I was a little confused by the ever so faint pink line next to the solid pink line... so asked Derek to come upstairs and check it for me:-) haha... I saw the expression on his face when he examined the little test, and I knew he was certain that we were going to be parents approximately 9 months later!!!!<3 what a special evening, it was a sunday night, which meant that we had family dinner at Grandma Larae's as usual, so we announced it then... Derek's parents were next to find out, even though we had to wake them up when we got to their house... but we were much to excited to keep the much anticipated news to ourselves til morning!
That was back in August... today is February first, we have 3 months to go before we get to meet our precious little guy. yep!, its a BOY!. His name will be Hudson LeRoy Harris, and the pregnancy has been such an amazing one! I have been blessed enough not to be nautious or sick, and have been able to be pretty active for the most part. Our baby looks healthy and beautiful in all his ultrasounds, so we just pray that all will continue to go well for the next three months until he arrives !

No comments:

Post a Comment