Friday, October 8, 2010

Derek's out of town ...

So Yesterday morning Derek and the "guys" left for Halfway Oregon... (wherever that is?), to go spend the rest of the week selling there. I, of course wasn't thrilled at the idea, dreading being home alone at nights, and also just sceptical that it was even going to be worth it for them to drive four hours away just to go selling a product that they could easily sell locally!... So far it hasn't been as bad as I had anticipated though. I think I honestly psych myself out when it comes to being home alone, first of all I am too social to sit home by myself and be content, also Derek and I are just obsessed with spending time with eachother, and also... I am literally still afraid of the dark! ha. Luckily I have a mommy that lives right around the corner from me, who stayed with me last night, and is staying over again tonight to help out and keep me company. We had lots of fun since Derek left actually, yesterday we went to the mall and had a bit of "retail therapy". Plus Emily brought along her new boyfriend, Brandon Berreth, so it was fun getting to know him, and he has great taste in clothing so he was helping Em and I pick cute stuff! Ha , so fun and rare to find a guy that actually LIKES shopping, lol! Derek is the same way :-) Any way, tonight My mom and I went to Middleton to our friend Jessica Session's house to do some fall crafts. Jessica's Husband is way talented and cuts wood into all of these fun Holiday crafts, so tonight we did Pumpkins. He cut the wood, We painted them, added leaves and curly stems, and then sprayed the whole thing with glitter! They turned out soooo cute, and it was such a fun night! I think the crafty side of me is coming out! I find it quite therapeutic, which I never would have guessed that it would have been such a release for me. We also ordered these really cute candy canes and Christmas trees to do next time for Christmas decorations. Im soooo excited to do them. It was nice to get home and have my baby in bed also, thanks to Grampa and Uncle Nick for watching him for me tonight! .... Any way I just got off the phone with Derek, and I guess he got a total of 10 sales between just yesterday and Today, so I guess the trip was pretty worth while after all! Plus he said they are leaving for home first thing in the morning! YAY. So funny how the old saying " distance makes the heart grow fonder," really proves to be true time and again. Can't wait to see you tomorrow BABE!

No comments:

Post a Comment